Have you suffered investment losses in Secured Return Notes? If so, The White Law Group may be able to help you recover your investment losses through a FINRA arbitration claim against the broker-dealer that sold you the investment.
According to the Bank of America prospectus, the Secured Return Notes (SRNs) are senior unsecured debt securities linked to the Investable Volatility Index. The SRNs were not sold on any exchange, and issued through Merrill Lynch beginning in 2010. Some of the risk considerations listed in the prospectus include the following:
– Your investment may result in a loss; there is no guaranteed return of
– Your yield may be less than the yield on a conventional debt security of
– Payments on the SRNs are subject to our credit risk, and changes in our
credit ratings are expected to affect the value of the SRNs.
– You must rely on your own evaluation of the merits of an investment linked to the Index.
– MLPF&S is not obligated to make a market for, or to repurchase, the SRNs.
– Our trading and hedging activities may create conflicts of interest with you.
– Our hedging activities may affect your return on the SRNs and their market value.
– The U.S. federal income tax consequences of the SRNs are uncertain, and may be
adverse to a holder of the SRNs.
– The Index and the Index Components (as described beginning on page PS-15) have
limited historical information.
Upon information and belief, many investors may have been mislead regarding the risks associated with SRNs. SRNs are complex structured products that are not suitable for most investors. Broker dealers have a fiduciary duty to recommend SRNs only to clients after determining the investment to be suitable given the clients age, investment experience, financial objectives, and risk tolerance among other factors. Broker dealers that sell unsuitable investment products to clients can be liable for investment losses by filing a FINRA arbitration claim
To determine whether you may have a claim involving Secured Return Notes, please call The White Law Group at (312)238-9650 for a free consultation.
The White Law Group, LLC is a national securities fraud, securities arbitration, investor protection, and securities regulation/compliance law firm with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Vero Beach, Florida.
For more information on The White Law Group, visit www.WhiteSecuritiesLaw.com.