Have you suffered investment losses in InvenTrust Properties Corp (formerly Inland American REIT)? If so, the securities attorneys of The White Law Group may be able to help you recover your losses by filing a FINRA Dispute Resolution claim against the brokerage firm that sold you the investment.
The trouble with non traded REITS, like InvenTrust, is that they are complex and inherently risky products. According to InvenTrust’s quarterly 10-K filing, some of the risk factors included:
- the Company’s ability to identify, execute and complete strategic transactions;
- the Company’s ability to refinance maturing debt or to obtain new financing on attractive terms;
- the Company’s organizational and governance structure, including its recent transition to becoming a self-managed company;adverse litigation judgments or settlements;
- the Company’s ability to collect rent from tenants or to rent space on favorable terms or at all;
- the economic success and viability of the Company’s anchor retail tenants;
- events beyond the Company’s control, such as war, terrorist attacks, natural disasters and severe weather incidents, and any uninsured or underinsured loss resulting therefrom;
- future increases in interest rates;
- the availability of cash flow from operating activities to fund distributions;
- actions or failures by the Company’s joint venture partners, including development partners;
- the Company’s debt financing, including risk of default, loss and other restrictions placed on the Company.
Broker dealers are required to inform clients of the risks associated with investment recommendations and to ensure that those recommendations are suitable for the investor in light of the investor’s age, risk tolerance, net worth, and investment experience. Firms that fail to do so, may be held responsible for any losses.
Lack of liquidity is often problematic for many investors. Investors looking to sell often have difficulty finding a buyer, and can suffer significant losses on the sale. According to LPsales.com, a secondary market for private placements, shares of InvenTrust Properties Corp recently sold for $2.75 per unit in September 2015.
To determine whether you may be able to recover investment losses incurred as a result of your purchase of InvenTrust Properties Corp , please contact The White Law Group at (312) 238-9650 for a free consultation.
The White Law Group is a national securities fraud, securities arbitration, and investor protection law firm with offices in Chicago, Illinois and Vero Beach, Florida. For more information on the firm, visit www.WhiteSecuritiesLaw.com.